Chat with us, powered by LiveChat FAQs On Property Developments From Beech Holdings Manchester


Read our most frequently asked questions
Ancoats Gardens CGI 2 Bedroom Apartment Bed

What returns can I get by investing in property?

The returns that investors can get vary and will change depending on the kind of investment and the timeframe. Buy to let property will generally offer returns of 4-7%, but it’s best to do some research when investing to determine what returns you can expect from each individual investment opportunity.

What is Capital Gains Tax?

Capital Gains Tax is a tax that you’ll pay on any profit that you see when selling. The tax is purely on the gain that you’ve made, not the entire sale.

How much money do I need to invest in property?

This will depend on the type of property that you’re looking to invest in, as well as the size and location. There are plenty of options for any investor, so get in touch and find out what we can do with your budget.

What is the difference between rental yields and capital growth?

A rental yield is the income that an investor will make from the rent payments a tenant makes during their time in the property. Capital growth is the growth in value that the property itself sees, which will allow for an increase in rental charge, and if the investor wants to sell, to sell for a higher price than they bought the property.

What is ground rent?

On properties that are leasehold, you will normally have to pay an annual ground rent; paid to the freeholder that owns the land your property resides on. This will generally apply to flats or apartments, but any property can be a leasehold.

What is Stamp Duty Land Tax?

Stamp Duty Land Tax is a tax paid when buying a property that will depend on the value of the property being bought. Any property over the value of £125,000 will be liable for Stamp Duty Land Taxes.

What are the benefits to investing off-plan?

It’s a popular option for investors wanting to get involved early, as it often comes with the opportunity to secure the best plot before others get the chance, and the value of the property can increase by the time it’s been completed.

What is off-plan property?

Off-plan property is a property that hasn’t been built yet. It can refer to property that is in the building stages and hasn’t been finished yet, or for a property that’s in the stages of planning.

What is a service charge?

A service charge covers things like building insurance, any maintenance or repairs that are needed, as well as gardening and work to communal facilities.

How long does the entire process take?

From agreeing the sale to exchanging there is a 28 day reservation period. Most exchanges take place within this time. If the development is building complete, you can complete on the same day as your exchange. If the development is still under construction, you will be given an estimated date for completion.

Can I invest with a mortgage?

If you are unsure you can speak to one of our expert property consultants and they can refer you to a recommended mortgage broker who can provide the best option for you based on your budget and circumstances.

What yields can I expect?

Here at Beech Holdings, we pride ourselves on the strong yield that our property investments offer investors, with the average investment offering 7% yields.

How are you different to other competitors in the market?

We also have a highly experienced and successful lettings team in-house, meaning that when you invest with us, we can help straight away to find tenants to reside in the property. The quicker you find a tenant, the quicker you see a rental yield; we are also able to manage the property to take the responsibility off your shoulders and keep things simple for you, providing the full package from planning and building, to sales and lettings.

You may also want to add have in house construction as well. We provide an entirely in-house investment service, from acquisition and build, to sales and lettings.

What is the difference between a developer and an agent?

A developer is who develops the property, creates the plans, and obtains the permits, and installs sewers, water, and electric lines. An agent is who will sell the property to you and support you through the process, ensuring the correct procedures are followed and all of the legalities are met during your purchase.

Who will be my solicitor?

We have a panel of trusted solicitors that can take care of the legalities when you buy a property with us, saving you the hassle of finding your own.

Who will manage my property for me?

We can manage your property for you, reducing the stresses and responsibilities that can come with becoming a landlord, letting you see the financial benefits without having to worry about day-to-day issues that can crop up.

Should I get a mortgage or buy in cash?

Being able to buy property in cash is often a faster way to complete, as there’s no need to wait for mortgage approvals. It can also be a less risky option, as there’s no chance of the mortgage application being rejected. However, subject to the development, both options are available for investors. Subject to the development, both options are available.

Can I get a visa if I buy a UK property?

Buying a UK property will not automatically provide you with a visa, however, you are able to apply for a visa at any point if you choose to.

What happens after the rental assurance period?

You can choose to take over the rental responsibilities yourself, or you can continue to work with us; we have our in-house lettings team that are able to manage your property and source tenants to continually provide you your rental yield.

What building guarantees are there in place?

There is a warranty for our developments, which will give you up to as much as ten years of structural cover, ensuring that any issues with the building itself are covered. There are also building regulations in place, and you will be provided with a certificate of approval and insurance. Common areas in the development will also be covered.

What is the difference between freehold and leasehold?

Buying a freehold property means you buy the land that the property is on at the same time, whereas a leasehold means you own the property but not the land itself. You will normally need to pay ground rent on properties that are leasehold.

How can I be sure my money is safe?

Deposits are protected by the warranties in place or are held in a stakeholders’ account with the investors’ solicitor.

What happens if construction is delayed?

When you exchange you will be given an estimated completion date with a long stop date, usually 12 months after the estimated date. This is used in the event of any delays. We will keep you informed of any delays.

Can I live in my property?

In certain developments, you can live in the property – however, if buying with a buy-to-let mortgage, you will not be able to live in it as it will be in breach of your terms and conditions. Speak to our expert property consultants today to find out which of our developments would be the best option for you.

When will my property be complete?

This will depend on each development – you will be given an estimated date for any off-plan property investment from the start, and if this changes you will be notified as soon as possible.

Will I receive regular construction updates on my property?

Yes, you will be given updates every quarter and you are able to contact our team at any point for an update.

How long have you been in business?

The Beech Company started in 2000 and has a huge amount of experience and knowledge to guide you through the investment journey smoothly.

Can I buy as a Limited Company?

Yes, we can put you in touch with a company who can set up and manage your limited company if you don't already have one.

How long until I can exchange on my property?

This process generally takes 21-28 days depending on the relevant paperwork having been completed.

How soon can I expect to receive rental returns on my investment?

You can expect to see a rental return as quickly as 4-12 weeks depending on the development that you invest in.

What if I have a problem with my property?

If there are any issues, you can get back in contact with us and we will do what we can to find a solution for you.

When will I complete on my property?

If the building is already completed, you can have a simultaneous exchange and completion. With any off-plan developments, we will be able to give you a date once the building has been completed.

Will my apartment be managed by you?

Yes, your apartment is managed by us – which means you don’t need to worry about any problems as we will deal with them.

How will I pay my ground rent?

You will pay your ground rent via us – we will send you an invoice and keep things simple.

What are the average returns on a property investment?

The average return for investment with us is 7% but will differ from development to development; speak to one of our expert property consultants today to find out the return for each of our developments.

What if my mortgage gets rejected?

There are alternative lenders that you can consider if your mortgage has been rejected.

What if I have not heard from my solicitor?

You can contact your solicitor at any point to get an update; you can also contact your sales progression manager.

Will I have to pay stamp duty on my property?

This will depend on the price of the property that you buy – you can find out the current stamp duty brackets by speaking to one of our team or to your solicitor.

Which mortgage provider do you recommend?

We can put you in touch with a team of mortgage brokers who will be able to look at your circumstances and needs, and help you find the best possible option.

I am not happy with my property, what are my options?

If you run into any issues with your property, get back in touch with us and we will look into the problems to try and find you a solution.

I no longer want to purchase; can I have my reservation fee refunded?

A reservation fee is non-refundable.

I have changed my mind and no longer want to purchase, what happens now?

This will depend on what stage of the investment journey you are at; get in touch with us at any point and we can discuss your options.

A leading UK developer for over 20 years

General Enquiries

60 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 5EE

+44 (0) 161 694 4942

[email protected]

Investor Enquiries

For single unit and block sale enquiries

+44 (0) 161 791 4600
[email protected]

Owner Occupiers
Building and Land Agents

For building and land sale opportunities

+44 (0) 161 791 4600
[email protected]